Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The first post is the hardest.. right?

*deep cleansing breath*

Okay. So, I'm seriously looking for some motivation in the creative corner of my life. I can't say I have much of an outlet for all the artistic things I do, and I reallyreally need one, even if it's just for my own benefit.

That being said, I really have NO clue what I'm going to do with this blog. My interests are varied, but I can break it down into a few points:

1. I, my friends, have a fibre addiction. I can't quite remember when it began, probably when I went into my first fabric shop. That's where it started, in hole-in-the wall fabric shops with old ladies who always remember you and what your latest projects are. This in turn has quickly carried over to yarn, which in some ways is very much like fabric, only more raw. They each have their strong points, and each are just as addictive.

2. I've been sewing from a young age, easily more than half my life (which, since I'm only a little older than sixteen, is a lot.) This was fed by my addiction to fabric, and a love for historic fashion. That is something I can babble about for hours, if one will let me. Ethnic and historic costume is just fascinating. It has so many ties to the customs and socio-political mores of the era/place (ooh, I sound smart!)

3. As I said, my fibre addiction has carried over into yarn. The past couple years, or so, I have been slowly getting into knitting, and now it seems like it has been turned on full blast. I don't quite know how long it will last, all I know is that it is quickly picking up speed, and I'm finishing more projects than I ever thought I had the motivation to finish.

That's pretty much it, broken down. I draw a lot of inspiration from textural and visual art, and, hopefully, I can find a way to integrate that. I have this far-off vision of a blog that can serve as a motivator and easy-access inspiration. Stick around, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment